Moving into our own home is something we have looked forward to since our childhood days, but we never really acknowledged the potential stress that might be caused. We don’t mean to paint doom and gloom on this exciting milestone in your life, as it all works in the end.
To make this process a little easier for you, here are some tips you can follow to make moving home less stressful and much more memorable.
- Give Yourself Time – A stress-free move might not always be possible, but you can make it a lot easier if you just give yourself enough time to prepare, pack and move everything into your new home. A good place to start is to plan how many days it will take to pack each room up and into the removals van, then set it all up into your new home. If your schedule goes to plan, then you will have successfully settled into your home without the panic of missing anything out.
- Plan Your Budget – This will not only help prevent any stressful experiences during your move but will also, if planned correctly, keep your costs within your comfort zone and will prevent any surprise overspending. Be sure to have a list of any potential costs you might encounter on your move, for example; If you come across anything broken, payment for the removal van hire or any work that needs to be done to the house etc. Planning this a few days before moving day makes the process easier.
- Consider Your Packing Strategy – If you are packing up your belongings yourself, there are some things you could be taking into consideration in order to ensure a stress-free packing session. These are things such as investing in durable boxes, labelling the boxes clearly and overall packing in an organised fashion, ensuring anything fragile is covered up safely and sorted into rooms I.e. one box for the kitchen, one box for the bedroom and so on.
- Stay Healthy – Moving is a lot of work, time and commitment, so the week adjacent to moving day is gonna be piling stress on you and your family – especially when there is a lot to get done. Therefore, make sure you are eating and sleeping efficiently, including the night before move in/out day, so you are all fuelled up for the busy day ahead.
- Find Some Professional Help – Hiring professional removers is one of the top ways to relieve stress; you can focus on making sure everything is packed and safely. At Jarretts Removals, we are a friendly family run business that assists with your removals, Norfolk and Norwich based. If interested, call us at 01603 621 862, or email us at email@example.com for some stress-lifting assistance.
Thank you for reading!