Tips for Moving Day
1. Don’t pack the kettle and keep some cups out
Make sure you have tea, coffee, sugar and some milk!
It is good to have the kettle to hand when you arrive at your new house and you can keep the drinks flowing when you are moving out of your new house.
2. Make sure that you have space for the removal lorry on your moving day
Ensure that you have space for the removal team at both the collection and delivery addresses. You might need to arrange this.
If possible go and visit the removal company to see the size of the removal vehicle so that you can see how much space you will need.
3. Tell your neighbours that you are moving
They can help with moving cars, bins, caravans etc on the day that you are moving.
If you have any special requirements let the foreman know when the team arrives. Examples of special items are Plasma TV’s, fragile paintings, valuable items, sentimental and precious items.
Clearly make any items that are fragile.
4. Group together and identify to the removal team
All effects that the customer wants to take themselves and place in a corner or room away from the main items to be moved.
5. Make sure that you pack all of your personal effects yourself
You need to make sure that you pack and know the location of your Passports, cheque books, confidential paperwork, money, keys, etc.
6. Clearly mark all of your boxes with your name and the rooms
Kitchen, Lounge, Bedroom 1 etc.
7. One last check of the house
When you leave your house for the last time do a final sweep of the house to make sure that you haven’t left anything.
8. Take your meter readings!
Please fill in your details below with a brief description of your needs and we will reply as soon as we can.